BAD BEAT GIVEAWAY
The Bad Beat Giveaway starts on November 25th, 2016 at $2,500 and goes up every weekend.
THE CURRENT BAD BEAT AS OF 2/1/17 is $7,000
Bad Beat Payouts:
40% to the qualifying player who loses the hand
20% to the qualifying player who wins the hand
40% to the qualifying players who are at the winning table
Bad Beat Qualifications:
Aces over Tens must be beat for the Bad Beat to hit
Must use both cards in hand
Cannot make QUADS without a pocket pair Must make the best hand possible
Cannot be the first hand at a new table
Player must be in his/her seat and dealt a hand to be eligible for the bad beat
The Bad Bad Giveaway will go up every weekend based on the number of cash games played and hands dealt. You can always find the current jackpot at any CCG event or on Social Media.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Bad Beat shall apply to the game of Texas Hold ’Em only. “Bad Beat” means a high ranking poker hand that is beat by a higher ranking hand (e.g., four deuces losing to four nines).
- In order for a hand to be eligible to qualify for a Bad Beat, the pot must meet a minimum of $20.
- A minimum of four players must be seated and dealt in at the beginning of the hand in order to qualify for the Bad Beat. (Other player minimums may apply.) A Bad Beat shall apply to only the first natural five community cards dealt. If a player hasn’t received any blind buttons during that round of play, they will receive part of the table share.
- To qualify for the Bad Beat Giveaway, a player must have Aces over Tens or better beaten. If the winning or losing player has made a four-of-a-kind, that player must have a pocket pair to qualify (example: if a player has four eights, he/she must have a pocket pair of eights with two eights on the board). Both the winning and losing hands must use both of their hole cards to create the highest possible hand.
- Four deuces beaten wins the Bad Beat Jackpot displayed amount.
- The Bad Beat Jackpot will cap at $10,000 if not paid out.
- Each eligible player will be paid out as per rule #8.
- If a hand finishes with three qualifying hands, the lowest hand will only receive a table share of the Giveaway (e.g., four eights, four queens and a queen high straight flush are dealt in the same hand. The Bad Beat hand will be the four queens and the winning hand will be the queen high straight flush.)
- Players must play their hands independently. Any discussion of the prize during the playing of the hand may void qualification for the Bad Beat Giveaway. If any player, whether directly or indirectly involved in the hand, passes information or instructs another on how to act or reveals his/her hand to other players, the Bad Beat Giveaway will be disqualified.
- The Hosting Charity reserves the right to verify eligibility of all qualifying hands. There will be no recourse if the cards are mucked before the Charity was able to verify the hands and the community cards. The Charity will not be permitted to reconstruct the hands in any way.
- In order to collect any Bad Beat Giveaway payout, proper identification will be required. Payouts of the Bad Beat Giveaway are as follows:
- 40% of the Bad Beat Giveaway will be awarded to the Bad Beat hand (losing hand).
- 20% of the Bad Beat Giveaway will be awarded to the winner of the hand.
- 40% of the Bad Beat Giveaway will be awarded equally among the balance of the seated players on the game who received cards at the beginning of the hand.
- A player who revokes his/her chips from the game prior to a showdown on a hand where a Bad Beat is won, forfeits his/her right to any prize money.
- A player who walks away from the game, but leaves his/her chips on the table AND he/she was in the hand at the beginning, will retain rights to his/her share of the Bad Beat Giveaway if a Bad Beat hand occurs.
- Winners will be solely responsible for all taxes.
- Prizes won are final. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted.
- In the rare occurrence of a Bad Beat Giveaway being hit on more than one game at the same time, the table who finished the hand first will be determined the winner of the Giveaway. Decisions of the Charity are final and without recourse.
- By participating in the Bad Beat Giveaway, winners consent to the use of their names and photographs for promotional purposes without additional compensation.
- In the event of a tie, Bad Beat Giveaway hands (either tied losing hands or tied winning hands) at the same table, the Bad Beat Jackpot payouts awarded as per rule #8 will be shared evenly between all players with the tie losing or tie winning hands.
- In the event of multiple qualifying Bad Beat Jackpot hands (losing hands), the highest of the qualifying hands will be considered the loser, thereby winning the Bad Beat Giveaway payout as per rule #8.
- ONLY The table share will be paid out the day of the event, the winner and the loser of the bad beat hand will be paid via check on the Wednesday following the event the Bad Beat is hit on. Any questions please ask Ken.
- Chicago Charitable Games reserves the right to change the rules or regulations without notice at any time. By participating in the Bad Beat Giveaway you agree to all rules and regulations stated above.